Transactional SMS service is mainly used for direct interaction between business & consumer. TRAI introduced this category to limit the unsolicited communication. TRAI does not add promotional SMS in any category so we can assume as all which doesn’t comes under transactional SMS category simply comes under promotional SMS.
What kind of SMS falls in Transactional SMS category
The content of SMS decides its category usually transactional SMS are such messages that contain informative content for example: Any bank sends SMS to their existing customers about their transactional update, any institution informs their student about fee dues, change of classes’ timings, any tours and travels provider update their customers about the new time schedule of their services etc. Such type of informative stuff comes under transactional SMS you cannot add offers in this category you can only send informative content that also to your registered customers only those who personally shares their contact details with you.
Benefits of transactional SMS
- It instantly delivers to the end-user
- You can send SMS on any time no limit as in promotional SMS (9am to 9pm)
- SMS can send on DND numbers also
- It is template based
- 1 SMS credit means 160 characters
- It requires agreement
3 main factors of transactional SMS that improves client engagement:
- It’s predicted: Transactional SMS is something customers already expected from you like a thanks for reviews or update after they make transactions.
- It’s private: The conversation from Transactional SMS starts with consumer when they asked for any help or services. So it is completely private between customer and service provider.
- It’s successful: Transactional texting it’s route for the possibilities of up sell and cross-sell.
Transactional SMS’s are more trustworthy for service providers because they can immediately connect to their audience with it and update them in few minutes, sending text on DND numbers add more beneficial points to it.